- Flower Power in China, via Flipboard photo desk. 14 crop-circle-like photographs of large-scale tulip farming in the orient.
- The Abandoned Mansions of Billionaires, via BBC. Incredible frescoes to rival Pompeii, but in the heart of India’s Thar Desert.
- How Genevieve Gorder is Making Mexican Décor Trendy, via Popsugar Home and MXCity Insider’s Guide. 6 video shorts that make me want to buy a plane ticket and pack my shopping shoes.
- Inside 3 Rarely Seen Renzo Mongiardino-Designed Homes, via The New York Times. La dolce vita deluxe and then some.
- Step Inside Tanzania’s Most Luxe Safari Camps, Conde Nast Traveler. After Mexico City, HERE.
- Iris Apfel, via How to Spend It. Everybody’s favorite nonagenarian trendsetter in some fantastically fun fotos.
- What Men Really Think of Our Favorite Décor Trends, via My Domaine. More fodder for an “Oh no! Boho” post, methinks.
- Touching a Robot Can Elicit Physical Arousal in Humans, via Science Daily. Story plus video. Watch alone, bring tissues.
- Why Babies All Over the World Are Now Sleeping in Boxes, via BBC. It started in Finland.
- Grace Coddington: The Fragrance, via The New York Times. Proof that cats always come out of any mysterious mess smelling like a rose.
|Style By Emily Henderson|
- How We Transformed Our Studio Windows in 1 Day, via Emily Henderson. Stained windows on the cheap that look rich.
- Knock-Off DIY World Market-Inspired Pillow, via This Is Our Bliss. Me? I would buy the original, but it’s sold out.
- A Stylish (and Crazy Easy) Wall Hanging DIY, via Front + Main. Just don’t expect hubs to get excited over it. (See #1 under “Winks”)
- DIY Speckled Tableware, via Burkatron.
- The Minimalist Baker’s Almond Joy Bites, via Design Sponge. Alas! A homemade version of my favorite candy bar!
- Let’s Run Away Flashcard Print, One Kings Lane, $59
- Blue Stripe Silk and Wool Throw Pillow, Cost Plus World Market, $70
- Sunshine Hand-Decoupaged Quote Tray, One Kings Lane, $45
- Threshold Oak Wood Tripod Floor Lamp, Target, $80
- Safavieh Morgan Accent Chair, Wal-Mart, $265 |
That makes a very full lid for a way-too-full week at the Lawson house.
I PROMISE to be back Monday with updates on my renos (after I recuperate). Take it easy on yourself this weekend and follow my blog with Bloglovin.